Saturday, May 30, 2009

The ALIEN reboot news and The NEW Toy Story 3 Teaser Trailer! :)

Hey Guys!
It's been a slow week for updates in anything really. There are 2 big things that happened this week apart from the fact that I rented and beaten the shitty TERMINATOR SALVATION game, and I saw WOLVERINE and TERMINATOR again for free. I got to keep a CARL FREDRICKSON standee from pixar's UP from the movie theatre! Today UP opened and I would have had a review for it, but I really want to see it with my father because it definitely seems like we could get a big kick out of this one together and because he's the only person I'd want to be next to when the TOY STORY 3 trailer plays before the film :)



First off: ALIEN REBOOT!?

I believe that most franchises can be rebooted and everything can be improved upon, but there are a few exceptions. The Alien franchise is in desperate need of a reboot...but NOT THE FIRST 2 FILMS! Ridley Scott's ALIEN (1979) and James Cameron's ALIENS (1986) are modern cinema classics! To this day they are looked upon as SCI-FI staples and they still stand up well to today's standards. They are on the caliber of Sci-Fi influence today as The Day The Earth Stood Still was back in the 1950's. Alien and Aliens have no need to be remade at all, but something needs to be done to reinvigorate these characters and make em scary again. I like how FOX is taking the PREDATOR reboot with Robert Rodriquez at the helm to write and Direct, but I wish they wouldn't do it with the Alien franchise to a certain extent. I want this creature to be scary again, but I don't want to regate the first 2 films as they are classics, but this is too good of a mythology to let waste with. A lot of people are giving shit because a Music Video Director Carl Rinsch is given the reins and doesn't have any credibility. I want people to keep in mind that the great Ridley Scott started off as a music video director too and that his breakout and first film was ALIEN (1979) so I don't think the director is something to worry. Good news is that Ridley Scott is involved with the project :) Finally, the father is back to lead the future! But the bad news is...Its still 20TH CENTURY FOX! I want this reboot to rock because it's about damn time the alien enjoys his time in the limelight or SHADOWS for that matter! Hopefully this can be good. Good or bad this film will not touch the first two Alien films as they are sitting on store shelves (and I desperately need to buy as well). I say carry on, but I reserve the right to not like the film.

Next....:)


TOY STORY 3 TEASER TRAILER!!
I can hear that classic Randy Newman song playing in my head continuously as I wait anxiously for this movie to come out. First off, the film looks exactly how it is supposed to! Visually it is in line with the first couple of films and the art style has remained fairly the same! Which is fantastic! I was worried that the new animation would stick out far apart from the past films, but there is just small minor upgrades in parts of the character models. Nothing real noticeable. Best way I can describe it is like seeing another game series on a console. Not to bait the console wars, but it's almost like going from HALO to HALO 2 graphics, while better in part 2, are still just refinements from part 1. Overall, the teaser looks great! Another aspect I loved about the trailer is that it still has that loving sense of humor that the first 2 films had within every frame! I feel the soul of the series has still been maintained even though it has been 14 years since the first film came out and 10 years since the last film came out. It still feels like that Toy Story film that would have come out all those years ago! I felt like a little boy again watchin this trailer and I can't wait to see the shine on my dad's face as he sees this trailer in the theatre with me and he has no knowledge this film is even in production :D I can't wait to see his eyes light up! Toy Story was the first film we both saw together twice in theatres, so this is a big deal for both of us! Overall, I loved the teaser trailer! I can;t wait for June 10, 2010 to come! :)Be sure to check out the Teaser Trailer to the film HERE! :)

Woody and Buzz! I can't wait to see ya guys up on the big screen again! :) My childhood is back again :)

Hopefully in the next few days I'll have a review of UP (2009) and Sam Riami's Drag Me to Hell (2009) soon!

Until next time, here's my 2 cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment