Thursday, June 4, 2009

R.I.P. David Carradine 1936-2009 (UPDATED)


Hey guys! Today a tragic event has happened. Legendary "Kung Fu" and "Kill Bill" actor David Carradine was found dead in his Thailand Hotel room in Bangkok. Details from the Bangkok police confirm that he was found hung by his neck in the hotel room and police have ruled this case as a suicide. It's sad to know this happened. The nostalgic connection he has given me with the Kung Fu series and the Kill Bill movies makes this tragedy even worse. I remember growing up watching the Kung Fu series every weekeday after school. I would only be able to catch the badass ending to each show and I tuned in on a regular basis. He was awesome. The Kill Bill movies (particularly part II) brought that sense of childhood back and it was great to see him again in all his badass-ittude. It's a sad day today because as I was talking to a friend today he mentioned that it was worse to find out he committed suicide. I then told him that it seemed random because of all the celebrities we would have never guessed that he would have committed suicide. There are a lot of people out there that will say we shouldn't feel sorry for him because it was a suicide, but the fact that it was a suicide only makes it worse. The bottom line is a tragedy is a tragedy and a loss of human life is still a life lost. There are a lot of weird theories going on about why he did it, but I don't want to go into those. Lets just celebrate his talent and wish him the best wherever he's at now.

David Carradine R.I.P. and thanks for all the entertainment and memories you have given to all of us and your fans! You will be missed.



UPDATE
As of early this evening, it was confrimed by the Bangkok police department that David Carradine was found hung dead with a rope around his neck for sure, but without going into anymore details it was a sex act gone wrong where the person axifixates themselves to make the sexual experience that much more vivid. Looking back at this event a few hours later it has shown me several things. I didn't go parading this bit of news to everyone I knew because it wasn't my place to go around telling the world about this, but I did feel the need to want to express myself (via the blog) and thats about it. I found so many people that are trying to be overly sensitive to this whole death. A writer once said that "it only takes a celebrity death to see how phoney some people are" and it only really came to me today as to what he meant by that. This is an actor I watched since I was a kid and it was sad seeing him go, and most people i talked to, really had no sense of who this guy was. None of them knew this was a real talented actor who was up for an oscar at one point and he wasn't simply just "Bill" To me. But enough with talking about the death of this actor. He was an actor I enjoyed watching in anything he did (His cameo in Crank 2 was hilarous!) and he is going to be missed, but he left a large body of work we can all watch. So, I'd say celebrate his talent and enjoy the work he has put in and he's had a long and great career.
David Carradine, ya havent even been gone for 24 hours, but wish ya the best wherever ya are!

No comments:

Post a Comment