Wednesday, June 10, 2009

MICKEY ROURKE as Whiplash from IRON MAN 2 is REVEALED!

Hey guys! Big News today...especially for Comic book geeks like myself. A new Pic from IRON MAN 2!

Without further ado...MICKEY ROURKE as IVAN VANKO AKA "Whiplash"




Ok so my first reaction to this was "That looks awesome! I can't wait" 

I know a lot of people are going "This just looks ok." I am a big fan of Mickey Rourke and his recent work in SIN CITY and THE WRESTLER (for which I believe he should have won the oscar because as much as I did love Sean Penn in MILK, it was a character that yelled into a megaphone for most of the film and it was a touching story, but THE WRESTLER was a heartbreaking experience) I am looking forward to Mickey and John Faverau's take on Whiplash. This to me shows a lot about his character. Granted nobody knows what is being shot in this scene ( rumored to be a prison breakout scene) but this is cool because it shows this character is putting himself against the IRON MAN and he is barely covered up and he doesn't have a suit, he just has these awesome ass whips! I can't wait to see a fight scene between these 2 actors whom I believe were the two best actor career comebacks of 2008 with Robert Downey, Jr.'s performance as Tony Stark in IRON MAN and Mickey's great performance from THE WRESTLER, I can't wait to see these two heavyweights go at it next summer! The suit doesn't bother me at all. I mean look at the artwork below where the character has seriously be reinvented.
Here's the comic incarnations

and here's the incarnation from the new Nickelodeon series of IRON MAN



and here's the PRE-PRODUCTION ARTWORK for the FINAL VERSION of the WHIPLASH SUIT. 


Overall, I love the direction with Whiplash that this is heading in. IRON MAN is quickly becoming one of the most anticipated movies of next year's summer season and it's sure to be good with the talent behind it. I can't wait to see Mickey and Downey go at it like a couple of badasses!

Till Next Time! Here's my 2 cents!



No comments:

Post a Comment