Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Lovely Bones REVIEW!


While Visually: it's interesting, but it's ultimately a 2 hour screensaver. I couldn't emotionally connect to each character and I wasn't really feeling the story. Having read the novel, it gets rid of some small key aspects to focus on the more lamer ones sadly. But overall, I thought the performances were good. Stanley Tucci was fantastic as perfectly cast as Mr. Harvey. His performance is so layered and textured and it's unsettling to watch at times. It does it's job,but I can't help but feel let down by Peter Jackson. I really wanted to love this film, but it's a RENTAL. Surprisingly for the first time Peter Jackson isn't slavish to the original book as he was to LOTR, but there will be an inevitable 3+ hr cut of this film on dvd at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment