Friday, January 8, 2010

Daybreakers REVIEW!


I felt that this is the spiritual successor to classic vampire stories such as "I am Legend" The novel and it presents a really interesting world in which vampires are the normality and humans are the minority. I dug everything that the film was doing. It was a great take on vampires in which what would happen if all of society had to deal with being an immortal and what the repercussions of that would be if it happened for a long enough timeline. Apart from the questions the film presents, the film works beat for beat as a bloody gore flick, but it also is scary at times! I just found this film to be very interesting, I got caught up in the story. Ethan Hawke usually annoys me, but here he was good. Willem Defoe steals the show as Elvis! The kills are bloody and satisfying, and the tone and vibe is dark. Really surprised by this flick! Definitely a FULL-PRICE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment