Sunday, October 25, 2009

Saw Movies (From least to greatest)



Here is my list for the all-time best Saw films from least to greatest!

#6. SAW V
While this saw was definitely the worst of the bunch, I felt that this one was just filler. It lead up to nothing really and didn't present anything interesting that we hadn't seen before. although not terrible, it just was a bit of a letdown. Not as interesting as the previous films.
RENTAL
6 of 10

#5. SAW IV
This one was good in the fact that it kept up the energy and it was for all intents and purposes a Saw film! This one was surprising that it did keep Jigsaw a critical part in the film, but in flashbacks. While this one was more surprising in the fact that it showed the series did have some legs to last a few more pictures. I am willing to believe that this one was a great start off point for the 2nd trilogy!
RENTAL
6 of 10

#4. SAW VI
Easyly the best of the 2nd trilogy! I dug this one more for the questions it asked and it was more satisfying than the last 2 films. This is what this 2nd trilogy was building up to. While this one is still a good movie, the ending seems a bit shoe-horned in with a character's conclusion that I felt the producers may have decided to keep it around for another sequel to be made. Overall, a satisfying Saw film!
MATINEE
7 of 10
#3. SAW II
I thought a sequel was warranted and as soon as I heard James Wan wasn't going to direct it, I had little hope in this sequel. I think that this film surpassed my expectations. This one decided to crank up what the last film had to offer in terms of the traps. This one was just a fun time to watch and just was gorey as hell. I dug this sequel!
FULL-PRICE!
8 of 10

#2 SAW III
This film was actually better than the last. I thought it had improved when they decided to revert back to an introspective story and fewer characters, it was mote satisfying to watch and get the emotional connection to each of the characters. I thought that the gore was definitely cranked up a few notches and it was trurly hard to watch in some scenes. The actors were also signifcantly more better than the last few films as there was some talent behind this one for the leads. The traps were elegant and satifyingly gruesome. I easily the best sequel of them all.
FULL PRICE!
8 of 10
1. SAW
Nothing could top the original for me. I felt that this one was made with at least an actual intent on making a good movie. Bad acting aside, this one was directed decently enough. I thought that the film had a great hook, and it did deliver for me. The thing about this film was that it wasn't about the gore, it was more about the connection of the dots. The traps play a small part in the film and the aftermath is what sells the scene. This one was more subtle in nature and didn't try to become a gore fest. Overall, I thought the film was tightly constructed and it had a great plot and the storyline was good. This movie was an intense experience and it was a mix of old and new styles. This redefined the horror genre for this generation.
FULL-PRICE!
9 of 10

Here ya go guys! Check this films out because unlike Friday the 13th or those other horror franchises, Jigsaw is maybe the most fascinating of all the characters out today. These are a decent series of films and I do enjoy it for they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment