Friday, October 23, 2009

My Top 5 Children's Films


With the recent release of Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are; I decided to complie a list of my top 5 favorite kid's movies. (In no particular order)
Here ya go!

The Incredibles
A fantastic story about a mid-life crisis set in the background of a superhero movie. There are so many parallels to the Watchmen that this film has and rips off a bit. But still a great kid's movie!

Up
Just easily of the best kid's films that is about finding the adventures in your life when you can't see them yourself. It is also a profound and deep story about how being in love or feeling love is the greatest adventure of them all. Great film!

Toy Story 1 and 2
Fantastic films that capture the playfullyness of toys, but incorperates a deep parable for rejection and coming to terms with that. Great films!

The Lion King
Despite my gripes with this film about how capitalism is ever present in the film, but I dug the film for what it was. It's a deep story and I thought it delivered an emotional punch. I dug it a lot!

Nightmare Before Christmas
I dug it alot despite my gripes with Tim Burton. This film doesn't talk down to kids and it's just a great time watching it for the first time! Great film and a technical achievement!

HONORABLE MENTION
Labyrinth
Awesome puppet filled movie and a great introduction to David Bowie...and little Bowie. Great film!

There ya go! For all you young parents out there, you can safely show the kids these films and just watch their eyes as they are blown away!

No comments:

Post a Comment